What do you do when there is nothing to hang onto anymore? When grief counselors can't help? When the one person who you truly needed in life is gone? What do you do then?
I kept kidding myself that it would get better, even as it got worse with each passing day. Today, I can't even type this without the pain. I need him. I just want him back. That is all.
I can't keep going at this when nothing attempted helps.
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Honey, I don't know. I just don't know. Don't retreat -- keep talking to us, okay?
Thinking of you always.
I don't know either, but I ache for you just the same.
You can always talk to us.
I wish I could tell you it will get better. I wish I could tell you I know how you feel. But I can't and I don't.
I can't imagine your pain. But I do know it's okay to feel it. Hang in there, girl.
Stay with us. Talk to us. Be with us. You may feel really alone, but we care about you.
Just keep talking. Don't close yourself in with the pain. And if you need anything, we're all ears!
I don't know sweetheart. Maybe give into it? Don't fight it? I'm NOT saying to act on anything self-destructive, but maybe just accept that life without him SUCKS, especially right now. But also accept that while it will never hurt less, it WILL start to hurt less often. Accept that it WILL be easier, but just not now. Accept that you will always miss him, but his absence will become less searing after time. Accept that these things come, they are not here now, but they will come.
I once heard a widow suggest giving yourself crying time every single day- even the days you don't feel like it, or you just want to watch TV and not think for awhile. She would shut herself in her room and be with her grief and cry every day, first for an hour, then gradually to forty five minutes, then a half hour, and so on. I think this went on for a year at least, until she felt that she was cleansed enough of the pain that she could get through a day without tears.
I'm so sorry honey ~ keep talking to everyone in your life, ok? The counselor, your family, his friends, your friens, us ~ let yourself cry & work through the feelings, let yourself grieve girl. It's ok if you have to handle things hour by hour, or even by the minute some days.
I'm assuming this is reference to...your husband? Sorry if I'm getting this wrong.
I know that my mother took years to grieve for the loss of her husband (my dad) - and so did I-, and that anything less wouldn't have been enough. There is no "getting over" the loss of someone very close to you, there is only the process of incorporating this new thing, this loss, into your life.
I'm sorry your family won't let you have your own space and time to grieve.
Post a Comment